Join the Downtown Winnipeg BIZ Board of Directors!
Please read this message from our board:
Do you love downtown Winnipeg and want to be a part of its continued growth and success? The Downtown Winnipeg BIZ is seeking board members to provide thoughtful guidance and leadership as it continues to make downtown the premier community in Winnipeg.
As the largest Business Improvement Zone (BIZ) in the city, our BIZ has an extensive mandate to assist with advocacy, cleaning and maintenance, beautification, events, safety, and marketing—all with an aim to creating a vibrant and inclusive downtown where businesses thrive and people are drawn to live, shop, and explore.
- Are a business owner or employee of a for-profit company located in downtown Winnipeg.
- Have previous board experience (preferred but not essential).
- Are passionate about downtown and would like to share your insights on how the BIZ can support businesses and residents through events, services, and initiatives – then we want to hear from you!
- We meet eight times a year.
- We are a policy board, meaning we are focused on strategy and oversights of operations; we are not responsible for operational duties.
- Throughout the year we have training opportunities on topics such as Reconciliation and non-profit operations.
- Board members also serve on at least one sub-committee with other members of the community.
- From time to time, there are opportunities for us to represent the Downtown Winnipeg BIZ at local functions and community events.
To apply for the Downtown Winnipeg BIZ board, send a resume and short message about why you want to join the board to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Downtown Winnipeg BIZ board